Suffolk County Sea Glass Festival
Join our Community Event Sunday, August 7 | 11-4pm
Come explore and celebrate the world of sea glass in this first-time event on Long Island!
The museum is hosting activities for all ages throughout the day.
- Discover the history of sea glass
- Bring your sea glass for expert identification with Mary McCarthy, Executive Director of The Beachcombing Center
- Shard of the Year contest - present your favorite piece for display!
- Explore the history of antique bottles with expert George Fisher
- Bring your antique & vintage glass bottles for appraisal with the Long Island Antique Bottle Association
- Create sea glass jewelry in our workshop
- See current glass art from local glass artists and vendors
- Kids enjoy a glass-themed scavenger hunt
- Listen to sea shanties performed by The Royal Yard
- View the museum's exhibitions about Long Island history
- Grab a bite from The Big Black Food Truck
Sunday, August 7 at 11:00am
The Whaling Museum & Education Center of Cold Spring Harbor
301 Main Street, Cold Spring Harbor, NY